France; September 10th, 1918

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well. 

I am still at the Sniping School & have been having a really good time. We get a good deal of time to ourselves & I immensely enjoy going for walks to the little villages around here. It is a real pressure walking about here at this time of the year, when you haven't got to carry your pack. 

You know the photo I said I put in my last letter well I guess you were terrible lucky if you found it. It slipped out when they were censoring the letter & the Adjutant gave it back to me next day, so I am enclosing in this one. I'm also sending you a bit of M.M. ribbon.



You can get a leave from here to some fairly big towns but I did not bother to get it as they are a fair distance away and you can only go on Sunday. The school finish on Saturday so I expect all will be back with the Batt early next week. 

Well I'll close now as there is not much news here hoping you are all quite well.

I remain your loving Son & Brother

Tom