France; July 13 1918

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well. Since my last writing I have received five letters, one from Mrs Taylor, one from Mary Anges, one from Mum (April 28), one from Nell (April 22) & one from Anne (April 29). I was pleased to hear you were doing all right but sorry that grandfather has died, poor grandmother will be very lonely now.

The weather is still very nice and there are some nice crops about the country we are fighting in. I have seen some crops in no man's land that I would like to try a binder in, but it would be rather unhealthy just there at the present. I gave Henry Tralaggan 30 shillings the other day which he will pay to you. Henry is a Lance-Corporal now in a way at a school at present. Well I will close now as there is not much news about. Hoping you are all well.

I remain

Your loving son and brother

Tom