France; July 21, 1918

My Dear People

Just a few lines to let you know that I am quite alright. Things are fairly quiet here now and we are having a fairly easy time. I am enclosing a drawing of an Aussie Battalion leaving a French village. The fellow who drew it knew a thing or two and had evidently been in certain parts of France shortly after Fritz started his big push.

We were received by a French General (General Pau) who is going to Australia to stimulate recruiting, there is a commercial party going with him whose object is to increase trade between us and France. You will probably hear of them in Australia. The General is a very old soldier who lost his arm in the war of 1870, but he cannot speak English much.



Well I will close now as there is not much news about.

Hoping you are all quite well.

I remain

Your Loving Son and Brother
Tom