France; October 4, 1918

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well & doing alright. Things are going fairly well over here & there is every prospect of us giving Fritz a real good licking before another year is out. I saw Mat Griffen when I was coming back from the line yesterday he was quite well. I got a letter from Mick a day or two ago he had just come back from leave in Ireland & is in No. 4 Command Depot at Hurdcott.

Wally Arnolds was killed by a machine gun bullet the last trip we done in the line. It struck him in the chest & I think he died almost immediately. I was very sorry to hear it as he was a fine cheerful fellow & very popular with the boys.

Wally Arnolds - A close friend of TJQ

Henry Tralaggan injured his shoulder and again & I suppose is away in hospital somewhere. Frank Richards is still away.

Well I will close now hoping you are all quite well.

I remain your Loving Son & Brother

Tom